Monday, May 16, 2011

A busy month






It has been a crazy month, starting with the Shanghai Art Museum curators in town, then a week's break and then I headed to China for 2 weeks and then a week back before a nice week with loren in Bali. Hopefully now, I will be in town for some time as we are entering the last leg of renovations at VDR. Hopefully we get the place before the kids break for summer. it is scheduled that we can move in by mid June.

I got some good news that Ike has also been accepted into YK Pao for summer school and so that will make my life alot easier, now to find a service apartment. Tomorrow is Wesak day and its a public holiday, I plan to take the boys to the National Museum as they have a large interactive exhibit for kids.

Nate is off to a 2 week trip to China with his friends. I went for the briefing today, he will be assigned a buddy and as the school is so large, every class is assigned one friend from Singapore. His best friend, Makoh will be going too and he seems excited about it. He will have to do alot of things for himself though.

They get to visit a number of places in the mornings and in the afternoons, they join in the classes and then the activities as well and stay in the dorm, though the dorm is a room with 2 beds, so he and his assigned buddy are in the room. On the weekend he goes home with his assigned buddy as well. I have a standby China visa, incase I have to fly up there!

No comments: