Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Summer 2011 - part 1



Sorry for the long period of non posting! I need to get more tech savvy and figure out how to get VPN especially in China. I can't get into blogger at all!

I guess our summer can be described according to the number of places we stayed at... we got there on July 10 and stayed near the YK Pao school in a serviced apartment in Jing An area. As the boys went to summer school for 3 weeks, we stayed in this 2 BR place for about 3.5 weeks. My Aunt Melissa came from Houston and stayed with us as well.

We played alot of UNO with the boys. It was really quite hot and some days we walked to the school and other days it was just too hot so we took a cab. When we walked, we would get the local soy milk on the way and buy lots of peaches. It was peach season and we gorged everyday on peaches.

On the first day, Ike was very shy, I stayed with him in class for 30 mins then he was getting into his orator mode... I found he could speak quite a lot of Chinese! The kids went to many places in Shanghai and put on a performance at the end of 3 weeks.


No comments: