Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Sweeeng and da bian







Every morning when i take nate to school we play at the swing set. he has learnt to balance on the swing for some time now. It must be quite a funny sight as we both pull back the swing, he says "one, two, tweeeeeeeee" or "yi, er, saaaaaan" and then swing forwards and back and forth and back. Some times he continues on, "four, five, six, eight, TEN". Because the swing is quite low nera to the ground, I have to raise my legs, and I like looking at sky (my body is almost straight), he now does that too, tho there is enough room for his legs. We are usually going "wheeeee!! or wheeeeheeeey or woooooo.... recently i realised that other kids are now standing to watch us swing on their way into school... while their parents are grumpily at the gate of the school asking them to hurry on inside. Today I showed him how to jump off when the swing is still moving. He doesn't quite get that yet. Magic he thought?

Today is day three and he finally made a poo. Not constipated but I suspect his intestines wait for a certain mass before producing any output. His new word is "Da bian" (poo poo), the whole way back from school, bla bla bla da bian, kaikai juo da bian, da bian, da bian, da bian. Ike yesterday, while I was burping him made a big sound, unfortunately it was not a burp but from the other end... its velocity power was strong as by the time I passed him to Wendy, the stuff was half way up his back, by the time wendy let him finish it was near his neck!! early bath time for that one!

The last few days I have been retraining Nate's eating habits with bribery (since starvation didn't work), until my new book on children and eating arrives from amazon. At breakfast he gets an evil yellow, orange or pink ball of cereal (I have stars ready for the next meal, maybe I should start a star sticker book?) for each spoon full of cheerios. He hasn't caught on about small spoons = more balls at the end so he takes BIG spoon fulls. Every time he throws cereal on the floor, a ball goes into my mouth (yuck) and he gets one less. If he loses attention span I give him one ball from his collection, he wants the color pink all the time.

The teacher says his eating has improved alot in school. He was doing well by himself then deteriorated to one point, where he sat there with his mouth open like a baby bird. Its bribery for now...

No comments: