Friday, December 08, 2006

Finally a break...

Brought Nate to the dr, he said nate's condition is quite bad, the stuff is in his lungs so we had to rent a cold steam machine that delivers steam and the medicine. He said to plop nate in front of the tv so that he isn't running everywhere and can breathe the stuff in. It is also very contagious and to keep ike away tho ike has early signs of the flu already.

he gave me doses for both of them. it is quite complicated, you have to stick a needle to take out the liquid from the plastic sealedcontainer because you are not using all the liquids at once but it didn't work for me, several bent needles later, I decide to just drip out from the holes in the syringe (try doing this in the dark with a wee light). Nate had two doses, once when we got home and once before sleeping, no cough that night and slept well.

Ike woke up at 1130pm with quite a clogged nose and small coughs.... now the dr said babies are easy you just put the steamer thing in front of them and let them breathe, he didn't say how one could load the container with the medicine while carrying the baby and that the machine is so loud that the baby is suspicious.... so with the help of my toes (holding the steamer tube), and dexterity of my big toe (thanks mom for that genetic material), I pour the medicine carefully into the container (haha kidding), I use my hands while ike is draped over my shoulder. The loud buzz scares him, so I have to breast feed him while sneaking the steam near his nose, it doesn't smell bad but isn't that great either. Sometimes he is mesmerized by the steam other times he is upset at the sound and smell but quickly he sleeps, which makes it challenging to load the part 2 medicine to complete a course.

In anycase, he sleeps with a clear nose for 5 and a half hours tho the last hour he is tossing again as the nose gets cloggy again. First time I got a 5 hour stretch......

No comments: