Friday, March 20, 2009

Dilemma...





for those who have an opinion on this, email me!

So both Nate and Ike are doing well at school, Nate is coping well as he came in mid year and can make it to next year BUT he is lagging behind the others, also I have them in half day school whereas the bulk of the kids are in full day so he does kind of miss out on stuff learnt in the afternoon.

Should I extend his hours from 1230 to 3? He is still only 4.5 years old... I thought maybe extend till 3 when school restarts in September... If I extended him, should I extend Ike or maybe pick Ike up and go do something else? Ike anyway will have to retain a year as they accept kids at 3 and made an exception for him or... as he is skipping naps, maybe to extend his hours too?

Today they had assembly, this is different from what I know as assembly in school... they do little performances, Ike's class had their module of the community and he was the postman! he even said postman in chinese!!! :) Nate... well what prompted me to think about extending his hours is that he seemed a bit lost and didn't participate whereas in SA he loved being on stage.

Maybe I should be patient?

I did look into extra curricular activities as well and I think for nate, we''l try karate, swim and language, will expose him to a musical instrument but not sure if he would really like it, as for ike, he asked for music and art... he is a leftie by the way.

here's a painting by nate in chinese ink and brush of autumn chrysanthemums (I think) as they are doing seasons...

No comments: