Monday, August 30, 2010

Garden Dinosaur






Before we moved back from S. Africa, I was contemplating buying a large steel giraffe, esp. if we moved into a black and white, I am quite glad we didn't as the rust would have overtaken the whole giraffe, I guess I would have had to paint it. I went with my gardening buddies from Goldhill to the "armpits" of singapore to buy vegetable seedlings (so far I have had low success with seeds)... and came across this garden dinosaur. This landscape company won gold in this year's garden show (when we were in Guilin) and I am hoping they will let go of the dino at a good rate for the school, wouldn't that be cool to have a grass dino?

Loren got a shot of a hornbill that flew into our garden, its nice that singapore is repopulating the birds, at nate's school we sometimes see cockatoos.

This tiny bead on the spoon, is my failed potato growing experiment in a sack. The big potato I put in did not grow into a big and leafy plant and instead grew one teeny tiny potato for me, wonder if I will try this in school.

Here is Nate making a shofar for rosh shana (which we will be celebrating a week early as loren is going on gardening leave and doing the Hoffman process).

No comments: