Monday, August 16, 2010

Summer plods along






I am just back from a good trip to Guiyang where I spoke at a conference and then Shanghai and Beijing, where we have the ok to move ahead with the two museums, all in all a successful but tiring trip. Guiyang's summer weather is really nice, I think next year I will take the boys there as it straddles the larger exhibition of my granddad's "Guiyang Cartoons" that he did in 1942.

In the meantime, my mom was in Singapore with the boys. I signed them up for a month at Patschoolhouse again. Loren has bought nate a Star Wars monopoly set which he likes to play with everyday. He doesn't like losing though but I think I convinced him that his brain actually grows bigger when he loses. They also borrowed some games from Lilin, like snake and ladders but Ike just hates getting eaten by the snake and sliding downwards.

I took them to the school garden in the morning, where they caught ants for Caden's and home thing (but the ants are still not burrowing) and then in the afternoon we headed to the marine barrage, it is really crowded on the weekends with many kite flyers, here are the boys playing hide and seek at the water park part.

Yesterday after school, we went to the east coast and nate got to show me that he can now ride a bike, I am so glad that balance thing must just kick in at a certain age. I was talking to other parents who said they had to spend time behind the kids bike while they tried to balance and the back aches they would get. Now to get the back tire fixed as the air seems to be leaking.

Nate starts Jewish Sunday school this weekend. Ike is not yet eligible!

No comments: