Thursday, November 11, 2010

Harvests





We are having daily harvests at the garden now which is really nice, not big harvests so I think I will start passing them on to the teachers. Ike's old chinese teacher at K1 got the beans and lady's fingers, since she has been here fm China, she has not had lady's fingers!

Here are pictures of nate cutting the ladies fingers and our small crop today. I now have a mom photographing the garden :). She sent me this cute picture of Ikey.

Our long bean patch and cucumber patch have been attacked by aphids. I wish I could buy a box of baby preying mantis or baby ladybugs here and set them loose! Get the predators going against the pests... I saw a few cute small lizards hunting for butterflies in the garden too.

Yuli our new helper has joined us today, she is indonesian and speaks only chinese to the boys, so far so good for day 1.

No comments: