Sunday, December 18, 2011

Ike in school




Had the parent teacher conference this week, Ike is progressing well though he is a child that needs to know what the parameters are so that he doesn't get into trouble or then he could test the boundaries...

The other day he surprised me with bopomofo, and reciting the whole chinese sound alphabet. He can also write it if the teacher says a sentence... now to get his english reading and phonics in place. I agreed with the boys today that over these holidays, they will both have homework, Nate needs to improve his handwriting and Ike to get used to homework...

I realise also that the school has not taught Ike, a leftie how to write so that his hands don't become so tired. Will have to speak to the teachers about that.

We had our hannuka party this weekend and I"ll have to post the pictures. Ike was not happy that he could not open the presents after his shower and had to wait, so he ran away from home! well anyway stayed around the compound.... He is also getting quite good on the bike without his trainer wheels.

I have now ordered some stuff online for the ski trip... I guess they will pick up skiing v fast and I will be left eating their snow dust....

No comments: