Monday, January 23, 2012

Furano, Hokkaido

We got up at 4am to catch the 430 am bus to the airport... Met Loren there and flew up from Tokyo to Asahikawa. It was a mini blizzard when we got here and the boys were happy to play several hours in the snow.


They got geared up for the ski equipment and then we headed to the hot springs. Day 1 of ski lessons, Ike was not so happy after the morning session, probably because he was hungry but then jumped right back in. Today apparently in the afternoon session they are already hitting the ski slopes. Here is a short video of Nate yesterday at the end of his lesson, skiing already, my fingers were frozen taking this shot...

Today I went to the little town and managed to get some fruits like strawberries and apples as well as some salmon jerky and dried persimmon. The town in very small... but lot's of Royce Chocolate stores around... Am debating whether to hit the ski school tomorrow or read Steve Job's biography...

Oh I thought I had another hour to lie down and read before picking up the boys from ski school BUT I was looking at the Singapore time on my mac clock!

No comments: