Friday, January 18, 2008

Ike's mileage




This is Ike with a big big smiley face after a good nap, we had another electricity outage but some steamed broccoli and cauliflower, here he is happy to get a big one in each hand and devours both of them.

So it was raining, I head to the supermarket with Ike, before leaving I change his diaper. We get there and finish our shopping, luckily the supermarket had generators and when we finished shopping he wanted to push his own little cart, to kill time before picking nate up, I take him to the garden shop and there was one last pair of tiny boots.

It is a bit big for him but not bad, he loved them, he went everywhere with them. Its quite a challenge balancing in them for him but he really liked them. Then his diaper smelled funny and there were no more diapers in the bag! So I head home and when we get home he parades in front of Bubbi with his new boots (she was immobile as she was getting a manicure and pedicure), change his diaper and head out to pick up nate from school.

Everyone in school said how sweet he looked toddling around in his booties and making splishy splashies. We get home, he is really reluctant to take of his boots but do and then goes down for another nap. In the afternoon, his gege, shows him how to make really big splish, splash splosh. I did not get a shot of him in his boots so I have taken a picture of all his shoe assets now. I think soon he will be able to wear alot more of the shoes that nate did not get much mileage in but knowing me... he will more likely be like a typical South African kid... barefoot! because I keep forgetting to grab his shoes on the way out!

No comments: