Monday, April 06, 2009

Classes outside of school...





are quite expensive here (compared to SA), well everything is expensive compared to SA but to NY or london or Tokyo, even Helsinki, I think its must be quite reasonable.

Here's Nate at music class, I found this place called Magic Fiddler that allows him to take 10 sessions and 2 instruments, so he takes 5 lessons in drumming and I think 5 in guitar and there are teachers for about 6 instruments, so he can test them out before committing to one long term. Ike didn't enjoy his music class to much, I wonder if he was too tired.

On sat, they had a superhero party and they discovered... SATAY. Here is the satay man on his bike, his little grill at the back and the yummy BBQ on skewers. The Ben Ten cake of course was delicious as well. They had a strange magician there that would enter a rubber ball, do some tricks and then come out of this big rubber ball again.

2 more days to loren and my trip to Ko Samui! yay, I am all packed.

Today Nate surprised me, he said "please be quiet" in chinese as I was talking to porpor rather loudly. In the afternoon, he started saying about 10 to 15 new chinese words, his favourite being long juan feng (tornado). Today he also did more homework than necessary, practicing the writing of numbers. He is quite numerical.

Ike on the other hand... hmmm may be too young for his class and is ticking off on the lower end of the learning spectrum report card.

Am starting to plan our summer trip, Chengdu it will be. Which will be HOT.

No comments: