Friday, September 17, 2010

What we have been up to...






Today is Nate's birthday, we bought a cake for him to take to school and some photo's of when he was younger and his past b'day pictures along with his birth certificate. Had a brief chat with his teacher who said he has high IQ and EQ, is an average reader but not a risk taker. He is shy to read in front of his friends and doesn't like it when he can't read a word, though at home he doesn't seem to have that problem. I wonder how we step up our reading... maybe more reading time in bed, both chinese and english books. He does know big words like "republic" because it appears in star wars.

We went skating after school, ike tried for the first time, guess who is sore all over propping him up on the bar? he though is getting the hang of it and then passed out like a rock in the car. I think dada needs to take them more often! I thought I took a pic of him in skates but it didn't show up when I uploaded my pics.

Here is the school garden, now being dug up by other parents, its nice to have more company in the garden but I also have been spending more time there than the stuff that needs to get off my desk. We're going to put in a corm patch there.

Here is ike's teacher from last year, showing the kids how to feed the "banana eating plant". I remember that was so coool when I learnt that. I think I need to involve ike's classroom a bit more.

Nate jumping off some big logs at our dog walk at fort canning park and I have been showing nate more and more of Niubizi, the cartoon character created by my granddad and how to draw it (as its really easy, its just lines, dots and circles), nate is getting the hang of it but all his Niubizi created are of star wars... now thats an angle for my future marketing! yoda meets niubizi or alien morphs niubizi with yoda...

No comments: