


Here are some photo's of Dainfern, where we live and a shot of the road just outside dainfern, as you can see there is a lot of flat land, apparently over the next 15 years they plan to build 8,000 homes in the area, making traffic alot worse but we will be gone by then. The silver thing that runs across the outside of dainfern is officially a water carrying pipe but others have said it is sewerage. Hope it never leaks! Apparently the silver pipe thing has won many awards. The playground is where I take nate sometimes in the pm, tho now its under repairs.
Nate and loren in our pool and a view of the rest of our garden. They usually go into the jacuzzi for a big bubble bath afterwards (didn't have my camera then!)
Over the weekend we had a huge rat come into the house driving the dogs absolutely crazy (I'm still wondering if its maybe someone's guinea pig?) on sat morning, thembi saw it and ran in the other direction, on sat night the dogs were sniffing up and down and in a frenzy. Sunday morning I sleep in (bad night the night before) and loren went for a run. When I came downstairs, olivia said I had just missed bullet pouncing on a huge rat, she heard a crack (snapping of its back?) and blood flying all over the kitchen. Thembi hiding and throwing olivia plastic bags from a distance.
Bullet had his nose scratched and felt like a hunter.
The heat wave has apparently also driven a number of snakes indoors, we don't live near the nature reserve and haven't seen any but there have been reports by other dainfern residents. But there seems to be a number of frogs, I had to get one out of the swimming pool yesterday. Nomsa is so scared of frogs she needs olivia to escort her to her room at the back during the raining period.
Apart from that we went to a really nice italian restaurant called Casalinga, built around an old stable, beautiful grounds, they grow their own herbs, delicious food and unbelievably cheap wine.
No comments:
Post a Comment