Sunday, April 20, 2008

Passover 2008






Happy Passover!

We had passover at our place, it was the shortest passover service. On Friday, mom and I went out to Linksfield to pick up the catered food for a bakery called "friends". Its about 20km away from our home and while we were at the bakery we saw lots of people, including parking attendants and guards coming in to buy challah. My mom picked two up but said they sure feel light...

On Saturday, me, my mom, angie and mabo had a hard time figuring out several things, amongh them, does one heat up gefilte fish? how to use the food processor to make haroset, my mom and mabo roasted the lamb shank and at one point even put on teriyaki sauce (version two was just baked and no sauce), loren said why was it even baked... We had chicken liver, matza balls in chicken soup, herring and lots of desserts

The matza balls were huge! my mom told me this conversation on passover morning about gefilte fish:-

Loren: So I think you would like gefilte fish tonight, since they quite resemble chinese fish balls.
Porpor: well, the last time I talked about chinese fishballs and gefilte fish was with my colleague, Rosenthal. He said he would not eat any chinese fish balls because they are bouncy... so I assume gefilte fish is not bouncy.
Loren: Nope, its quite heavy in weight, doubt they will bounce...
Porpor (thinking): hmm not sure they will be anything like delicious fishballs...

Everyone had more than their required four glasses of wine, I heard alot of giggling and a few even went to try our OSIM massage chair. Bullet made away with one of my tupperwares for food and chewed it all up to get to the contents, I suspect he got the chicken livers.

No comments: