Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Gabarone






is the capital of Botswana and the border is only a 20 min drive from the lodge. We didn't get into Gabarone itself and went to visit one of loren's clients, an indian muslim guy, whose wife made the best meal, I am salivating just thinking about the curry chicken and mango hot hot chilli, especially as we are now on our vege and fruit cleanse.

For those who know I go around in a white hat, well I think I lost it in Durban :( This substitute one is already falling apart! That white hat is one of my best buys ever.

Ike on the safari truck.... the rocking motion puts him to sleep.

I like the govt logo of Botswana, its two giraffes and a shield, but I didn't get to any image where I could take a picture. It seems safer than joburg, people were walking around like there is a pedestrian life. Though the family we visited had also wire fencing. I did not get to go on the tour of the number 1 ladies detective agency. My impression of Botswanian's are unfortunately not great. Here the people who serve you think they are doing you a favour, no smile, quite rude. Even the immigration people. Guess the tourist dollars will head to Asia.

No comments: