Wednesday, January 07, 2009

School Holidays continue on...

It really feels like the kids have been home for a long time now... but once there is some sort of routine, it doesn't seem so bad. Our routine? the am we hit a playgroup and pm we swim. Some mornings we go to Yeesh, which is an indoor play place, I bring my Mac and get some stuff done.

This week we finally made it to Nate's friend, Max's house. I was wondering who lived in this house with sculptures outside (the only one in dainfern so far?), but it was a really inspirational house, they have a very good collection of South African artists and sculptures, it was a feast for my eyes and it is like a home that is a gallery, it had modern furniture, funky bookshelves (they are close to dad's record at 3.000 books), not a cold type gallery but also a home. Max's mom had a lot over very good ideas for the play room, it was just a really nice home, made me feel like buying sculptures again. Maybe one day when we have a permanent home? I think the art and the books really appealed to me. Will have to bring bub's there, just for the art is a treat.

We've had a great time zipping around in Christine's golf cart to get to the clubhouse pool, talk about "usufruct" (the use of other peoples fruits). I think its the nicest pool, its salt water and warm. Speaking of pools the pump in ours is broken, the pool is a pond.

I've had to early harvest my vege box, I pulled out all the carrots and tiny carrots were already sprouting (boo hoo hoo). My big red onions are the size of shallots.

All the swimming we have done, nate is quite the fish, or he says, "just call me nate zev dolphin". Yesterday he learnt to swim and somersault today he somersault dive into the pool and can swim longer and longer distances. Ike on the other hand likes to grab the octopus pool cleaner thing and ride it like a horsy.

Some issues with my nokia phone so can't upload pics, will do so when I get my new phone. Off to Sabi Sabi in Kruger on Friday, back Sunday, nate already knows that when bubs comes... mom and dad are heading out!

No comments: