Wednesday, September 23, 2009

I love my GPS




especially now that loren has programmed in the Chinese version... this is part of my plan to get the kids to learn chinese, with the english GPS, they are sometimes like little parrots, "now turn left"... now they say, "wang juo juan", heh heh heh. I also found that the voice of the GPS is a lot less annoying, I used to wonder in ads left by chinese nationals on boards for either language or music teachers that they add the additional line, pleasant voice or pleasant looks. Had not thought that was of high importance but now with the smooth voice of the chinese GPS, I could listen to her alot longer!

Yesterday, I got to school and Nate said, "wo mama lai jie wo le!" (my mom has come to fetch me), a first independent sentence that is not, "mama qing gei wo..." (mom can I have...). I think I need to buy a phrase book (ah better yet, let me ask his teacher what they learn every week in chinese) and do a new sentence a week, as he learns fast when there is a little snack like food involved (these maslov beings).

This is a picture of nate pulling a boat across the flatbed river at the zoo.

The building is quite an interesting one, I am looking for potential sites to have a book launch party for my granddad's book next year, as it is being joint published by the National Archives, I went to look at their building, its central but too small for an exhibition. This building I see often when taking the kids to Toys R Us, its in the city but a strange one, so I walked in and there were no people, very clean a BIG alter table and they provide free medical consultations. But prob not suitable either, so its back to the drawing board.

Nate now has his own leapster and one of the games has additions in it, I am surprised how fast he is picking up additions. Sure beats workbooks!

I have been reading Mitch's book on the 6 pixels of separation and have actually learnt alot! I am quite the luddite but I didn't realise how much so! I think the book will be a hit. Mitch, please come out for a book tour in asia!

No comments: