Monday, September 14, 2009

Nate and Ike's birthday







Sorry for the small images.... been nicking them off loren's posting on facebook, I shd be taking the larger image ones.

Singapore has a few things to consider when one has a party, the heat outside, the possible rain (not like SA when the first week of sept is guaranteed to be great weather), the mosquitoes.... so we had it indoors and a place where someone could conduct some energy burning exercises for the kids.

Nate is starting to realise that there is no candy at his birthday party and tonnes at others! hmm, next year... maybe we will do some marshmallow cookies, with less sugar?? The guys who ran the gym venue are really good at keeping the kids on their toes.

Nate wated a Ben Ten one and Ike a Thomas themed one... we have lots of cake left in the fridge. This year also he has learnt from other kids that one need not open a present per day and did the big rip up.

Today I took him for his first rollerblading lesson, I don't have pics cos my nokia phone camera seems to have a dark halo and I am awaiting a replacement phone. The boys are adjusting well to school adn the 245pm pick up time, which has given me more time to work on my granddad's stuff. On Nate's school door is "I like...", Nate's one says, "I like to tease my brother". A certain girl's says "I like to marry nate...". Hmmm. The boys have 3 more birthday parties in the next two weeks, an ice skating one, a transformers one and a gogo bambini one. Where can I get princess dresses in this town for the girls b'day party?! I should have bought a heap of princess crowns at disneyland.

Its been an interesting few weeks, I have had prelim meetings with animation people, venture capitalists or are the private equity?, art funds and the next stage brings webs designers, TV documentary people and the trip I need to plan to Beijing and Shanghai end of October. While all that is happening... the british museum also calls to tell me of their new acquisitions related to the period when my granddad is still in China and mom has found even more items for us to track down in the libraries and online old books in China.

This Friday's party.... ROSH HOSHANNA. Tomorrow, I take a break and Vini is taking me and Bridie to the wholesale market here. I am making no headway with my tomatoes... they are growing big and strong from my compost but the birds keep eating the flowers!!!

No comments: