Monday, November 23, 2009

Moving library



Ah... its peace and quiet now as both boys have passed out. Nate is enjoying his jewish school as he has a new friend called Elliot. We've decided to hold a midday hanukka party on the 19th of dec.

This is a picture of the moving library, I usually take ike to the library when nate is in jewish school, this week we were particularly productive, I was able to pick up some auction catalogues, walk to the library, he checked out the moving library which is actually a bus (his yellow shirt makes him blend into the library), he was happy to find a thomas book and borrowed it (its nice also that we can return the book at any library and there is one near our home, on top of that they send me an sms when the book is almost due).

We then went to a chinese bookstore and bought "danao tiankong" (big chaos in heaven), a chinese classic cartoon movie, I think it was done in the 1940s? and apparently was the 3rd full length cartoon film released after Disney's two earlier ones, these were done by my granddad's friends, the Wan brothers (animation directors) and the the Zhang brother (artists). I watched it with the boys tonight before bedtime (the last time I saw this was in 1977), its still quite good! Guess what everyone is getting for hannuka!!!

No comments: