Thursday, December 02, 2010

Gardening classes at CNIS





So I have restarted the gardening classes at CNIS, this time... I have more parental support, I managed to get a few mom's and each will take a class or two during the week and each class has a plot. The plot's will hopefully go back to the classes and hopefully we don't have too much plants dying in this process.

I originally wanted Nate and Ike's classes but so did several mom's from that class so I got P2 and P4. It was nice to hear the appreciation from the teachers and to see the kids enjoy the session though it was rather chaotic at times.

Its always funny to see the kids go ewe when they encounter a worm or when they see me pick veges from the garden and just eat it. The P2 class picked their own young Bak Choy sprouts... not sure if their parents would let them eat it! The P4 class found all sorts of creatures in their plot... from a big hibernating bug to earthworms. Sadly as part of the process, the kids have to pull out some plants and the tomatos were just starting to flower.

I heard from another class that the sunflower seeds got plucked and was an activity for one of the younger classes. I am happy the garden gets used!

No comments: