Monday, June 18, 2007

Father's Day





This mask is Loren's father's day present. I found it in a store at the Lesedi cultural village and its apparently about 25 years old and from Ghana. His expression seems to be one of shock in being on our wall, observing the strangeness of our dogs, kids, drama helpers... mom the non-cook, cooking! Yeah am getting some semblance of chinese food. She made my favourite noodles today and taught nomsa how to make them, when I told her I had taught her before, mom said nomsa had no reaction like she had learnt it before, so I said, when you are back the next time on your second tour of duty, I bet she would have no recollection of this lesson too!

Zeda took nate and ike swimming, well I was in the pool too so I didn't get any pics for the blog. I will need to get some pics before he leaves next weekend.

Here's nate and porpor in a tickle-tickle fight. The weather has been quite nice until its dark then temperatures really drop. We took nate to see the lion king musical yesterday, he lasted until about intermission.

Here is a photo of the Randburg magistrate court. Last week I got a ticket for driving without my international license, I had the singapore license but forgot to put the international one in my bag (its now in my glove compartment). I went to pay the fine last week and guess what... the payment collectors were on strike and so the prosecutor cancelled the ticket.

No comments: