Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Lesedi Cultural Village



On Tuesday, we set out to find Lesedi which is not far from our house, on the way we also found home of the chicken pie, I wish i took a photo as we sat outside overlooking a small lake, it was almost like being in some US rural area. Then at Lesedi we had a welcome crew of tribes people in skins and zulu shields and spears, here is a photo of porpor with one of them. Their tour is 2 hours long and so we could not join in as we would be late picking nate up from school. Their gift shop was really nice though and I managed to find loren something for father's day.

Mom is now busily studying maps of the area and what we can see and do around here apart from only visiting malls, of which a new one on cedar road has opened and according to michelle is rather nice. Here is a sign board of a guinea fowl (for bubbi) on Kromdraai road, where the cradle restaurant, sterkfontein caves is situated and in between the two locations is wonder caves and a private small safari, mom was excited to see two giraffes roaming around.

Ike may be teething or something, his naps are not great again. Nate on the other hand, if I have alot of physical activity, he sleeps till 7 am and then he also takes a good nap. So that means I have to go swimming with him or biking. The dance teacher won't take him in cos he is too young. I am tired after even a non-physical activity like his art lesson.

This week his school project is to learn about other cultures and the teacher assigned china to his class. His teacher said people from china are called chinese and apparently he said, "I am chinese". I suspect if she said Indians, he would have said, "I am Indian" as he is now saying, "I am spiderman", "I am the champ" and sometimes he confuses it and says, "I am the chimp".

No comments: