Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Ike's lucky day





We go for a walk in the sun today!!! and ike lucks out, he see's a big headed broom brush (not a camera lens trick, it is really a big headed brush) and then he can't believe his eyes, a metal rake that mommy never lets him play with... he actually has the brute strength to pick it up! and a rake... all just lying there!

The dainfern gardeners have changed the flowers at the roundabouts, the pansies are back!

Today I also find a big store (I should have taken a pic of the store) that sells horse related things. I got two books since I have no horse terminology. I am getting quite good and can get the horse to trot or canter without having to kick my legs like a mad cow girl, now I do the "squeeze thing", ie digging my heels into its rib cage. By end of the week I should know the right workd for that manuever.

The horse shops here are rather strange... they seem to not want me to spend money, now that I have decided to spend since I have been riding for almost a year. For my birthday I got a crop, a spiffy helmet and riding pants with leather lining on the bum area (supposed to make you stick to the saddle better).

Well the new pants and my boots somehow part and in time, it will create a tanned band around my ankle so today I set out trying to buy either a pair of boots or chaps (they wrap around the lower pants and the boot). The first store said I should buy the chaps vs boots, since the boots would cost US$120, the chaps were US$25, the boots didn't fit, the sent me to this BIG store and when I described the problem, they sold me US$4 crocodile clips. So a fancy looking rider I am still not!

On my drive to this big horse store though, I find a very interesting area called Paulshof, they have blind doggy training center and a wildlife rehabilitation center. At worse case I will bring the little yellow chick there tomorrow.

No comments: