Monday, November 17, 2008

Mini stream in Dainfern





Found this mini stream nearby one of the parks, I bet it doesn't exist outside the rainy season, the boys spent quite a bit of time tossing stones and getting messy, no little fish tho.

Nate is quite funny, when he wakes ups he tells me whether he watched a movie or TV on his pillow (ie dreamt of anything), one night he said he dreamt of an octopus that bumped into him and his buddy paul and how they were swimming in the ocean. i wonder if I can convince him that dreaming eats to his TV time?

Here's a little sand cake that Ike decorated with tumbleweed and little seeds. Poor guy, teacher just called, says he has loose poo, no fever but napped at 11am. I will now go out and get the Chinese medicine in pill form for children and tummy upsets. Am waiting for the teacher to call when he wakes up. Both of them are up at 5am!

We will be in Singapore Dec 1 to 3 to look at schools and homes. I called up the Ministry of Education today. There are no more public schools that are Chinese based!!! incredibly hard to believe but true. The only chinese they get is in Chinese class. So the Chinese International School is the only school with a higher chinese content. Hmmm, and that one has mixed reviews and teething problems.

My search for a Chinese maid has been slow going, not sure I'll find one in Malaysia and if I get one from China, I'll get a young (and inexperience?) one that can pass the simple english entrance test... or need a company to bring in an older experienced one.

Have also looked into housing. Looks like we may be able to get a black and white or maybe live in sentosa by the beach. So far the black and white... there have been comments in the forums like mosquitoes (I will plant pandan all around the house), I can have a big vege garden, the rats and bugs? I have rat and bug catchers (jake, bullet and pistol), the snakes?? sigh that one I am not sure... apparently there are spitting cobras (the dogs should keep them at bay) and pythons (please don't eat pistol or jake!).

The houses on the beach? they are new... look too modern with lots of sun (another bleached couch in my future??), too close to each other and the kids may be close to water without supervision? Bullet would love the swim everyday tho... who will clean him afterwards? Am looking forward to growing my own supply of orchids and staghorn ferns again!

We're off to Cape Town this Thursday! yay! I will be off to Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens and also look at large worm producer's farm. Then we head to Fransshoek and have reservations for the Tasting Room. It was spa, sleep, eat and drink or shark diving. Liver stress or adrenaline stress....

1 comment:

berel said...

hi,glad to see you are getting to Cape Town for a few days, I'm sure it will be a break from Johburg.Hope plans for Singapore work out well. You'll be lucky if you don't end up in Warsaw once Loren gets his Polish passport.Give the boys an extra hug from me, Love, Bernie