Sunday, November 09, 2008

Rain rain and more rain






It has been a really cloudy week. Quite a nice break from the searing heat, I got a bit sun burnt on my back gardening this Tuesday. Wednesday I went to say hi to the gallery I would have gotten a part time job for, its very nice in Rosebank, a bit far though, but such nice people and such a nice gallery housed in an old house.

Speaking of old houses, I am tempted to put in a bid for one of those old colonial black and whites in singapore, tho I just read an entry from a newspaper article where an old tree (protected by the govt) collapsed into the children's room and luckily the husband had gone to pick the son up who was crying to get out as the tree completely crushed his cot. Then somehow I got on to the Kiasuparents webpage that had a lot of info on public school rankings etc., how to get your child into the school you want, its all quite funny. I just hope there is a chinese school near where we want to live.

It looks like the big thunderstorms in Singapore are so scary that some expats not accustomed to it are scared too. I think we used to just all huddle on something rubber based, like a sofa or bed.

Here's a picture of Ike, he now identifies with Mr. Strong instead of Mr. Bump... Dada took him to swim class and he performed like a star! Mama is off the hook to taking him to swim class (yay!).

Julian's birthday... very nice homemade cake!

Today the boys helped me pack the toys that they do not want and I have another 3 boxes to give out tomorrow.

Poor bullet today had an epilepsy attack, its almost a year since his last one and he's feeling out of sorts today. I wonder if he ended up eating the food of the other dogs over a few days and thus his liver malfunctioned? I hope he survives this move.

No comments: