Monday, November 03, 2008

Nate's school play





This year's school play is on "Scrooge". Nate plays a skeleton to the music of Michael Jackson's Thriller, he is surprised that I know the song! At one point there was also the ghostbuster's song, which he was also surprised I knew it. So, these must be the "oldies" now.

Here's Ike... watching the show. Both of them had really long naps, 2.5 hours (nate) and 3 (ike) hours. The play was about 1.5 hours and quite long, nate's part is a lot smaller than last year and the senior group is alot bigger. I think I was more impressed with last years tho it looked like he had alot of fun anyway.

I have decided to start making a list of the words Ike knows! I tried counting and I barely reached 35.

As for the progress in Singapore... we'll likely make a trip in dec to go sort out stuff on school and house. The school requires quite a big booking fee and I feel its such a subjective matter that they agreed to hold a spot till we go in early dec. Singapore sure feels like a different place with kids. I've never paid attention to stuff outside the District 9, 10, 11 and beach, now there is preschool, primary schools... I have printed out a Singapore map and joined the Singapore Forum as well! Other forum participants have actually lead me to a shop that sells all sorts of stuff imported from SA! Must be lots of S. Africans there? The store is called Springbok Shop.

Nate and Ike's Ayi who is moving to Durban has packed up all the kiddy books in chinese and gave them to us. Nate is quite enthusiastic and has passed all his english books to ike and has put all the chinese books in his bookshelf. I need to buy ike his own bookshelf. There is an IKEA in singapore! yay.

I also started clearing out stuff and have given off the first trunk load of clothes, baby thing, old towels etc. Making a list of stuff to sell as well.

No comments: