Thursday, November 13, 2008

The SUN is out!!






Its been a really rainy week, am glad its cleared up, this gives me hope for nice weather as we are going to Cape Town (without the kids) next week. Loren has a conference there and i want to check out the Mount Nelson Hotel worm farm tour and also the Kirstenbosh botanical garden in Cape Town. I should really try and see Robben Island before they close it down!

Here is a flower in my garden, as we can bring plants into singapore, I am wondering how I can bring my 6 month old wolfberry plant, in about 4 years I will have fresh wolfberries. Since gardening, I have taken an interest to cooking as well, to use all these herbs... and found 2 interesting recipes in this month's Taste magazine. Its baked salmon with a coconut milk infused with lemongrass, ginger, garlic (all from my garden) and it sits on a bed of veges, the watercress, spring onion, chilli and coriander, also from the garden, with a sprinkling of rocket flowers (for the peppery taste). Was not bad but I do need to improve on how to heat and serve and presentation, not as easy as I thought!

Then they had another one with Quinoa and pineapple with parsley (from our garden again) and cuke ribbons, its really hard to do good cucumber ribbons!!! but this was quite nice. So I think I may make it a point to cook for loren when he comes back from a business trip? The lunch box is the extra portion I made for his lunch today. Not as cutesy as the Japanese lunchboxes (yet!), maybe I'll try carving heart shaped carrots! ha ha, hope I don't lose my fingers.

Here's Ike, he had a black eye on monday, bumped it somewhere and then yesterday a cut on his nose. He likes the rice biscuits and calls them genggeng.

Took bullet for a walk in this nice nice weather, he sploshed through the puddles happily... and the ticks are back, found 2 big ones on him, they are like 5 times bigger than the asian variety! Bullet had an epilepsy attack last weekend, threw up all over the sitting room... he has not had an attack for over a year... I think he must have had the animal protein food from the other boys bowls. Sigh, hope he survives this move... only to land in HOT singapore and his scabby elbows may return. Picture of pistol, he's definitely gaining weight.

No comments: