Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Days are pretty filled here...






Nate had day 2 of classes, at the end of class yesterday, the administrator pulled me aside and said that the teachers found him immature (whiny!) and so they downgraded him from being the youngest in the class to now the oldest. He took a look at his new class and was quite happy to go today. He also chose to go to the more chinese intensive one as it had more toys! I asked him what words he learnt and he said something but he doesn't remember what...

Ike got to play in nate's class then spend about 15 mins in his own class, then he wanted out... his cough got a bit worse last night and today (I can't believe I had to buy a humidifier in this country!! should not have sold mine in SA, apparently the humidity of singapore is between 75% to 95% and the aircon makes the air only about 35%, while ideal is closer to 60%).

I left ike at home with olivia and went house hunting, he wasn't happy about it but got to nap. I saw 3 more houses today and they were not really suitable... so we are pushing with the documentation (which was promised to us today at 5pm, didn't arrive) on the gurkha house and by tomorrow night will decide and may go bid for the black and white house. I will go over again tomorrow to look, I went to day and its definitely a second choice, its just a huge place (that the dogs will love).

I picked up our new car today... got on the wrong side of the PIE and went quite far east then quite far west... I have GPS on my nokia and quickly have learnt that for tomorrow, also got my parking coupons and my ERP card.

Here are the boys at my friend sarah's house (where wendy the confinement lady is now working), she has built a sand pit in their black and white. They also have a niu niu qe which Nate seemed to know how to use, even though he hasn't seen one since Taipei.

I went for a nice back and shoulder massage last night, the type that some guy pummels ones muscles and tomorrow I will swim laps in the huge pool here. Today i had another nice surprise, as the banks in malls close late, I checked the balance in my POSB account and am pleasantly surprised that I have alot more cash their than I thought... then I went shopping, I got a replacement hat for the one I lost. Tried to buy a cheap stroller or another Maclaren which is really cheap in SA and 3 times the price here, I am still getting sticker shock all the time.

The bite mark is from Ikey, quite a perfect circle!

Oh must remember to put gas in car tomorrow!!!

No comments: