Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Singapore house hunting...

I can't post any pics yet as I am using the "tablet" in the service apartment, have not figured out the download features so this post will be all text.

Singapore is like a turbo city (HK is super turbo), I now am back to my teh tarik fix to get some kick start caffeine just to match the pace of walking of the normal public. Got in late saturday and on Sunday we saw 4 black and white homes, 2 are too small and 2 are... well too big. It feels like I would spend more time maintaining the place, also they are situated somewhat on main roads so the traffic is also evident (to loren), tho with fan or aircon I think the noise can be shut out.

Day 2... we do find a house that we like, the fixtures are new and very well maintained, not like many of the older homes that have gone thru one or two renovations and have a mish mash feel. Its close to Tanglin, the botanical gardens and convenient for both loren and the kids. The downside? the PM stays 2 doors away across the street. He has two gurkhas, who are not menacing but will ask you to move your car if you are lingering outside, also no curb parking on our street. Prob checking our backgrounds to see we have no relations to a certain Osama. We have made a bid, 40% below asking, lets see if the fish will bite.

Day 3... no decent house. Bought a car instead... got a Subaru Forrester, good resale value and a discount from my classmate who wns the dealership, Thanks bud! For those who understand the COE system, can you believe we got a COE for S$200? (average price is S$10,000).

Today is Day 4... one house looks promising and then I head back to KL, manage to hitch a ride up from Loretta who is going up, this is great, so much flow traffic. Been meeting my friends and bumping into people I know. I even met Wendy (she looks good, slimmed down and nice hairstyle) my confinement lady who is now doing a 2 month stint with Sarah. Down side... oh still eating, no slowing down... Saw the doggies in the quarantine center, very nice facilities, they are not suffering. Bullet's neighbour is another weim.

So if the Gurkha house fails, we may bid for a B&W or next week I come down with the kids and will be here 100% to house hunt. The service apartment is great, big pools lots of other kids to play with, we can zip over to sentosa beach as well. We'll have a car in about 10 days.

Everyone send over positive house vibes!!!!!!

No comments: