Wednesday, May 27, 2009

HDB uncle haircut







Wonder if it would be less traumatic if I took them to the Toys R Us haircut but they charge like bandits! While waiting, an older boy spoke to nate and taught him how to look for the Laofuzi comics from under a big big pile of chinese magazines. Several people have asked me if I send Nate to a local school, would I be worried about him picking up Singlish, well no, because I can also degenerate into a really bad version of Manglish (Malaysian English) and its good to speak the local lingo. Just that the boy's features and what they say may cause a bit of incongruence to the receiver?

Not sure if you guys can spot it but Ike had a few chunks of hair shaved off the back as well.

Ike had a "cleanliness" issue... for a long time he was very particular about getting his shirt dirty and so would not participate in art class, will even burst out crying... so I went to buy an easel fm Ikea and after 2 sessions of us painting, his teacher tells me he now paints in class. Well... he also used to be "anal" no pun intended about cleanliness after poo-ing, loads of soap to wash hands, loads of paper etc... this week, he decided to make poo art on the school toilet, urgh urgh urgh. I hope he doesn't head the route of the Damian Hirst type artists and make these wierd yucky art. yucky yucky yucky. Well on the other hand, I guess he is prepared to go to China!

I really hope bubbi survives this trip. So far with the planning I am feeling alot more comfortable that she will make it. We will be renting a furnished apartment (luxury one built by Keppel Land fm Singapore), nice pool, new, spiffy, near supermarkets and amenities. Chengdu is the capital of China 2000 years ago.

The two pics are of the boys at Aunty Vini's house, she made them trains. The vege garden I am building there is not turning out too well. Will probably make them into flower beds. I have bought alot of pots and will build a vege garden in individual pots instead.

No comments: