Friday, May 22, 2009

Holidays...



everyone is talking about holidays.... the public schools break in June, the international schools also mid june, the boy's school breaks in early July for two months.

I have decided on 3 weeks in Chengdu after buying the lonely planet. I looked up the neighboring cities and hiring a car isn't as easy as in India, the best way to go around is by train tho there seems to be no bullet train inter the cities we want to go so they are still rather long rides. There seems to be loads to do in Chengdu itself, from visiting Dufu, the poet's area to seeing the Panda breeding sites.

Also am going to book Club Med and then skiing in Hokkaido. Oh.... I may be in S. Africa in November as loren is there on business.

I got a new mac book and am immensely happy, everything is faster, I cleaned up my files. The printer miraculously works again...

So I got stopped by another mom yesterday, conversation went like this, "my daughter came home and said she doesn't want to marry Makoh anymore, she wants to marry Nate", me: "ooh?", her, "i asked whats wrong with makoh and she said nothing but nate makes me happy...." ooook. I asked nate which girl he likes better, he rates them by the toys they own... so that's why kara has been trying to get him to her house to show him her toys.

Here's Nate and Max doing their phonics class. I have joined the ranks of the Kiasu parents.... well actually nate is on the verge of reading and is sometimes quite frustrated, now am hoping he learns fast so that he can read his own books and occupy big chunks of his time.

Here is Ike eating those red ball fruits that used to grow in our garden in taipei in springtime, then we had a tree full of free fruit, here its like 9 bucks for a small basket.

They had their first donut as well in Aunty Jin's house. Her new place is really decorated nicely, I think if I need decorating work, I'm going to go ask her. Its really nice to see nate and his cousins hang out and play.

No comments: