Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Friday last week...






Nate had his portfolio day, which meant we only needed to be in school at 10:30. So the boys stayed home and I took them to the supermarket. There we found some water bomb balloons and made a bunch.

The kids built a farm in the corner of their class room.

I had planned earlier with Yang Ping (Pasquale's mom) to go to the Science Center after the portfolio review so this is Nate in the big nose (acting as snot) and him on the big big tongue. As a side thought I am wondering whether I should bring Ike to a speech therapist?

Here's my new tomato patch. Today I also sent an email to the guys who sell the veggie boxes to see the weight. Am tempted to have them send one over. Otherwise maybe I will lug it back from our SA trip in November. I used the first batch of compost from my composter though the garderner recently added mango leaves which had not quite broken down yet. I had him dig a patch for the sun flower shoots that are coming up nicely as well.

Spoke to Vini today, she said they had a big crop of radish, the only crop that did well in her garden so far.

No comments: