Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Aunty Vini's place





Our monday afternoon activity. We harvested her exotic red ladies fingers... I built a compost heap for her and I hope it works! we really need to recondition her soil.

She showed nate the science of wind power and boats and of course kona wanted in on the pool action. Wonder if he would jump into a deeper pool?

So I have now booked nate and ike's birthday party spot except that the sunday school timing will clash, I need to move the time slot... nate wants a ben ten cake and ike wants a thomas one, the cakes are made of yummy chocolate and it has a 3D effect. It looks really good, I brought the brochures back for the boys and they could stare at them for ages, trying to decide which cake they want. At Ben and Jerry's they have now started looking at cake design. I am almost tempted to do the cake myself and ice it... tempting... tempting.... project. Maybe I start smaller scale on the birthday at school cake.

My own project, the Huang Yao project strategy and presentation work is now almost done. Heard back from the publisher (that will publish the Chinese in Singapore and Malaya, written by my granddad) and it looks like they will jointly publish with the SIngapore National Archives. Need to think what we do with that exposure opportunity for the book launch mid next year. Need to finish off the Huang Yao "bible" for the TV documentary presentation and meetings with a digital media co next week.

No comments: