Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Club Med Bintan







I was not feeling great before going on friday, my nose was getting sniffly and my right eye was bugging me so it was glasses the whole time and eye drops, am glad the eye is good again! Thought I may have to do the eyepatch but that mean I could not do the trapeze. By saturday, I stayed in in the morning but went to play with the boys on the beach in the afternoon. I tried my attempt number 21 on bubbi, she asked to go on a kayak!! so we kayaked around the bay a bit.

The didn't like the kids club the first day but Nate liked the trapeze so much that he would go back everyday just for that one try. By Sunday, I had achys and fever. Not bad being in a resort tho, I got to watch TV all day, between bubbi, dada and the kids club, there was nothing much to do but rest.

They did have very good choc cookies. The spread of food was quite good too but my stomach capacity just isn't big enough and then by the time I was really sick, I had no appetite. The kids however thought they were in heaven, fruit loops, cocoa pops, hot dogs, evil chips, luckily they did not know the free flowing coke dispensing machine... they only know coke in a bottle! so much for brand recognition, they didn't even realise the coke logo.

Club Med put on shows at night and the kids napped to watch the shows, they even played Bingo. By Sunday night, Ike woke up with a croup like cough and we decided to come back a day earlier with the holidaying crowd on monday and managed to get seats on the ferry.

I think they may have sand flies too... I got two familiar marked bites... sorry thi pics are small, I lazily lifted them off the uploads from loren's facebook page.

I took Ike to the dr today, he has croup, very high reoccuring fevers. The dr doesn't think its H1N1 but had to prescribe ibuprofen to break the fever as paracetamol wasn't working. He was red cheeked from the fever and all floppy, once he cooled down he was zipping around but now he's asleep and the fever is up again. Deh deh is doing night watch.

No comments: