Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Baking gingerbread men...





I have not come across good gingerbread men cookies here yet... I remember our look see trip to S. Africa, loren said how come I keep eating and buying so many gingerbread men (to fuel ike the embryo!), but I like gingerbread men. When we moved there, the saturday routine would be for loren to take the boys to fournos to get their own FRESHLY baked gingerbread men...

On our Great Malaysian epic journey, at one of the stops there was a book on the gingerbread man story and Nate memorises the line, "catch me if you can, I am the gingerbread man" (or something like that), Ike likes being the gingerbread man and asks me to be the fox (yeah! foxy mama! hahaha).

Nate would take the blue icing ones and Ike sometimes the white, mainly the yellows. In Singapore... there is a place that sells gingerbread men (tiny ones for like US$ 2.50!). They taste processed too. So since we have dehdeh the baker here... I googled up a recipe, got the ingredients, could not find icing sugar, decided to splurge on little, little decorations with heart shapes, dot shapes, well many shapes.

We finally got to use our 100 piece cookie cutter thing... they had cute ones like a small gingerbread man, a little bear, a dinosaur, a hand, alphabets, a dog (we did for dada but got burnt).

So here are some of the pics....

No comments: