Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Summer School




So I enrolled the boys into summer school at Patschoolhouse. They seem to have adjusted really nicely, it must be a fun place, well apart from the first day of ike really crying, he now goes in with his school bag happily on his back. Nate almost the fastest eater in his class, must go check what they are feeding him.

On monday, nate said they painted the walls with water (huckleberry finn scheme?), on tuesday the on duty teacher in charge of seeing the kids off said they were really chatty to her. They are already known around the school! The boys are in really good moods after school every day, hmmm!

Today I also realised, maybe I should send them to the jewish kindy here, on fridays they do a little shabbat thing. Tomorrow I will call to see if they will be accepted the next time a long holiday rolls by. While checking out the jewish services here, I find they have sunday school for the kids! Nate is going to start in sept, sunday school with 7 other kids learning the torah, holidays, songs, and to read hebrew. Loren is so excited, he wants to join in so I am trying to get him as the assistant teacher (they already have one tho). Ike? he can join next year, it will be me and him at the elephant show on sundays.

Took the boys to the train park today, the train part is closed for some renovation work. Bubbi took them for ice cream (shhh... don't tell dada) and when they got home we played chef (nate and ike) and barber (me), I gave the boys a haircut. The haircut is a bit uneven but better than the bowl haircuts I got. The hair will go to my worm bin.

Here is nate in caden's swim suit, cap and goggles. Jin told me she gets a woman (who is 70) in to rub her kids heads when they have a hard knock... I never heard of that? anyone ever hear of that? I wonder if I should do it for Ike and now that she mentions it, I noticed Ike bumped his head alot recently. Maybe I need to check his balance or send him to more coordination classes. He sometimes calls himself Mr. Bump and although there are cute cups, I think I will avoid buying them as I don't want him to associate himself with being clumsy. He also wanted to follow nate climbing some structure today which I stopped him, I really don't want him to get another bump, but I must be contributing to his perception of his own coordination abilities?

No comments: