Friday, January 19, 2007

Ikey's revenge

A day later after the suppository insertion and around 830pm, I head to bed, exhausted from the move, I open the room door and something smells!!! I have not set up the bedside lamp so I have to scamper downstairs to get the torchlight, it has two modes a dim and a bright, with the dim light I approach ike, I smell his bum, oh oh can it be? he made another poo? with the strong light I shine into the diaper, wah! big one, the first night clean up job I have had to do in a long time, it was everywhere, somehow I manage cleaning without smearing any on the blanket or bedsheet!

Another day later as I lay down to sleep also around the 8pm mark (after reading to nate), I am falling asleep and TOOOOT he went, it was not a small toot, it was a TOOOT, in the dark I swear I could see him smile. I awake fearing another clean up job, with my torch light I go looking again, luckily for me there is none but then I still can't believe the sound, I think he will make it into the orchestra quite easily as the tuba or trombonist if his mouth is as talented as his other end.

He hasn't been sleeping well because of his nose, the dr also gave him an allergy test which he scored 40, low allergies are 1-4, some kids score over 100. Now I have to note what I eat so we can cut out stuff that will give him a reaction. Apparently the tests say he is not allergic to six items including wheat, eggs, nuts, fish and two others. The dr also suggested buyint somthing called Maddy the blowfish, it is a toy fish that distracts the kid while we squirt moisture up his nose and that apparently clears the gunk as he sucks.... hmmm!

Today finally the house is coming into some shape, the handy man was here to hang up pictures but he is the s-l-o-w-e-s-t one I have ever met! he seems really measuring and doing everything well, when he drills no plaster flies off. This is in contrast to (try and envision this), the singaporean guy with drill in one hand and vacuum cleaner in the other. He can drill and vacuum the dust away at the same time, this no need to clean up. He hangs a picture in 3 minutes, the guy today took an average of an hour a painting.

Jake has to be in a cast for about a month, he must be sad, no ball chasing and tied to a leash when pee pee and walk and eat and drink, otherwise he would run and not heal.

No comments: