Thursday, November 23, 2006

Vets and Doctors

I seem to see the vet adn the boys paeditrician alot, if its not for shots, its for other things... like... Ike is now constipated, I think he was uncomfortable this afternoon, spoke to the nurse in between nate's bath and his bedtime and she said not to worry but bring him in tomorrow. Have been doing biking exercises and tummy massages for him.... only toot-toot-tooting and no splutters...

Today pistol went ot the vet too, has some type of cough, similar to bullet but no throwing up... and bullet went to the dr last friday as he threw up all of thursday nite last week and saturday to get more blood sample and then i saw the vet on monday for more pills for bullet. Two weeks ago it was for blood serum to SA and their teeth cleaning and the week before that was jake's booster and rabies shots.

The good news... they have passed all their blood tests and are now leaving for SA on sunday via singapore, I wonder if they would recognize the smell of the air. I prob have to see the vet tomorrow or saturday to get the sedatives for bullet. He hates cages and is determined to break out of them

Nate still has his cough and sniffles and by early next week I will take him in to the dr as well tho he does seem to be getting better, he also enjoys the use of the nose vacuum to suck and examine all that gunk.

I think i want to get one of those proper mommy diaries and note down all sorts of appointments for these guys and it has features for grocery lists and other lists.

Nate is now very upset when he has to give up his toy car at bed time, one nap when I did take the car away he woke up earlier than usual asked for his car and went back to sleep for another hour, I laid down with him thinking he would probably get up but he actually fell back asleep! That night I let him take his car to bed but parked in the far end corner with his soft toys, after my shower I hear him playing with it, as I open the door he flips like a commando pretending to sleep and hiding his car... then gives himself away by peeking up. I don't yell at him or take his car but say do you want me to fix your blanket and he smiles, gives me the car and gets tucked in. I say, "ok car parked at the end of the bed but if I find you playing again, I will take it away". The next time I check, its still parked there!

Today at nap time I say the same thing, it can stay parked there but you can't play with it, if you do I will take it away, he talks to himself for a long time and I thought he took the car but when I went in it was parked where it was and he looked groggily at me. Tonite his cars are parked at the corner when I went to check. I think I will just build a mini car park at the end of his bed.

Ike is very intent on standing up, jumping and talking, also fly swatting... I get to take him for a short walk around the neighbourhood usually between 3-4 pm, before nate gets up.

No comments: