Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Broadacres Farm Nursery School - first day







Sorry for the tiny Qing Ming pics, not sure how I will rectify those, maybe if my cousin sends the images to me directly I will upload them.

Today is Nate's first day at his new nursery, it was a big success, from the moment we drove through the fences and he got out of the car, he was mesmerized by the resident bunnies in black, grey, white, patchy, then the ducks and the cockle doodle doos. He then started to sing old mac donald!

Then he saw the small stream with koi (first pic). His teacher said he should bring stale bread or vege's like carrot tops or the parts that don't get eaten to feed the animals. The kids feel like they take care of them too. Every morning at about 10, they get to tour around the farmyard.

The school logo is not quite kosher though, the car sticker I got is of a big pig, maybe its a hog? and yes they have a resident big black hog. Nate is in the duckling class, I have included a pic. The walls outside are painted with many duckies. The play yard also has lots of colorful tyres and he was naming the colors as he passed each one. There is also a boat which he took interest in.

When I came to pick him up, the teacher said he ate all his lunch (I had told her to be strict or rather consistent with him and she had a big sign on her door saying exactly that), in the car I asked what he had for lunch, he said, fish and chips, hmmm, I better go check out their menu again. I like the school alot, they even have a big suggestion box for the parents.

Now I have to look into the extra curriculur activites... of which ballet (I mean stretch class) is on the list... hmmm?!

For those who want to check out the school's website, its on www.broadacres.com

No comments: