Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Herb Garden






Here is a pic of my herb garden, when we moved in, this area was a fountain, I am not too keen on fountains so I converted this into my herb garden, its got lemon grass, basil, rosemary, two types of thyme, small spring onion and large onions, a ginger somewhere, aloe vera and carrots. To date, our pasta has had fresh basil, my ginger beef has fresh spring onions and I need to figure out how to use the prolific thyme.

The second pic is a bigger view of the fountain, water used to spout out of the lion head, the room next to it is the guest room, I am also thinking of maybe adding panels to convert the area into a conservatory. The initial costs are US$3,000 for just a glass roof, then I can use the area as rain won't come in or a conservatory will be US$6,000, then its like an extended outdoor area. Maybe I'll do it if we buy the place and we live through winter and consider using that spot. Its a nice spot. We don't really use it now as if I put furniture there then the rain will get it wet. We'll see. Maybe I can put the mosaic table I plan to make.

Will be meeting with a banker to see what type of loans are available here. And also check out a few more houses to see whether we are getting a good deal. I think buying on leverage is better than paying cash, since we will have Rand to spend and as there is still currency controls, it may not be so wise to bring in more cash than necessary.

The other pics are of my bean experiment, there are a few trellises around the house but all with nice flowering plants, I had to get a few bean stalks in there. I think I can get my first bean harvest in the next few days.

No comments: