Thursday, April 26, 2007

Off to Madikwe tomorrow






I got a new handphone, the Nokia N73 but it has taken me sometime to learn the photo and bluetooth function so here we are with pictures again, all taken before / during this Rotavirus.

Ike and dada... Bubbi purposely hiding behind Ike on our dingy sofa's which bubbi is now helping me replace! Nate cuddled with his blankets and only wanting to watch TV. Bullet does not want to be left out. Jake of course has gone ball hunting. The giraffe that we went to see at the Lion Park. I managed to sketch a bit but have yet to finish the sketch. Bubbi was quite impressed by the lions and how close we could get. Nate got to pat a cub (on the bum) and then the cub decided to pat him, he wanted out. Nate in his bubble bath, the only way to clean his diaper rash area... the red marks on his chest is a tatoo saying "kiss me better".

Ike has not had a fever for 24 hours now, no diarrhea, eating and drinking so so but looks good. Loren and I are off to Madikwe tomorrow, its 3 hours from here towards Botswana, we may even cross the border and go to Garbarone which would be interesting since I have been following a novel where the heroine is based there. We will be staying in a tree lodge. I hope to sketch, read and get lots of sleep, apparently its quite cold there (I hear marcia saying hah!), I warned marcia of a cold front coming and she rolled her eyes... "would it snow", well apparently the eastern and southern cape will get some snow. I have looked up more things for Nate to do, looks like there is a big transportation museum, a children's play are with carousels and craft called hedgehog lane and a few others that he would enjoy.

Next week, two afternoons in the week will be filled with (1) art classes and (2) riding classes. Both with nate's buddies. Am still looking into cooking classes for kids. My yoga class will restart in may and I may join the PTA. I am also working on booking our Dec holiday home in Cape Town. Looks like lots of nice places to visit, like WOW places. To quote Shelley, "... you know how much I am not fond of SA (even though she is SA), Cape Town blows me away every time". Soon I have to start looking at primary schools for nate, apparently I have to sign him up now for a spot. I am so happy with his nursery school. Everyday I go to pick him up, he is playing with other kids under a big shady tree building a sand castle. We say good bye to the fish, bunnies, ducks, pig (maybe hog), sometimes chickens and horsie.

Now last thing is to teach marcia how to use the blog and then there will be infusion of new writing on life here in SA, look out for a special entry on how she loves to cuddle with the dogs while watching TV. One night I came downstairs, she was asleep hugging bullet like a pillow but actually I wasn't wearing my glasses so I am not 100% sure of what I saw. Another reason for spycams. That image on my blog would probably launch her to stardom!

Loren is back from Angola today, before going he said after Congo anything would be better... Angola is short of alot of things and a meal can set a person back by US$50.

No comments: