Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Growing your own veges






Did you know that having a plot of land or box the size of 2m x 2m to grow vege's is enough to sustain a family of 4 for the whole year? well actually that means I need to get a bit more organised with my two boxes!

I am quite pleased I am now getting a very nice crop of salad greens, my first pepper is coming along, the first tomatoes should be here soon and I am harvesting a nice handful of cherry radishes everyday now. Got loads of parsley, lemon grass, and chillies! Am happy I can take my worm farming on back to Singapore, of which I already have made contact with the largest commercial worm farmer there.

Here is Essi, my third convert who has got a box, we got like 14 bags of compost, manure and potting soil for the box. Some seedlings like carrot, tomatoes and leafy greens and we planted seeds of the radishes, swiss chard, basil... the boys... they just wanted to play with all the dolls!

No comments: