Thursday, October 30, 2008

Mish Mash







The rand as some of you may know had hit a low of US$1 = Rand 11.80, which luckily for us coincided with the latest inflow of payment so we got lots of rand. I have been looking at a variety of things to spend this money on... the Mac book? Hastens bed? definitely new couches, tho I am not sure i have the guts to go for the fabrics I have seen to date... also I would like to know what kind of house we move into in singapore. On a side note, I did see a few of the nice black and whites available for rent, then the designs I have been looking at may be "out of place"?

Anyway, while looking I also saw a nicer modern grey leather couch but I suspect I could be growing mushrooms on that in singapore. These two giraffes were going for a song... solid wood and like US$ 200. I saw one that had been mosaic-ed and it was very nice, am almost tempted to mosaic a giraffe, marcia what say you? Anat really wanted a mosaic giraffe, will have to email her this picture, which leads us then on to the subject of Israel...

Loren is there now... I had to cancel as it coincided with Nate's Senior Play which he is soooo excited about, he is counting down the days. He plays a ghost, or maybe I think its the ghost of christmas past. Apparently he will be dressed in a skeleton suit and he has already called it "very cool".

and ike? well the therapist for his thumb says its healing nicely, soon it can go without a bandage but it so bumpy a spot, I wonder if I should loosely bandage it since if he gets dirt on it, I am not sure how to clean that area. He has a really mild case of chicken pox. When we saw the dr, it had already scabbed up, that night fallen off... a total of 2 scabs. His nose also cleared up and he never got the high fever that he is supposed to get. He is so active I don't think he should be categorised as sick. He's also been fighting naps at home and today was a grouch ball so he was in bed at 5:30. The birds wake him up at 5 in the morning.

I some how remember this from last year, it gets bright early, the kids wake up early and go to bed earlier as well... even nate passed out at 6:30 today. Well me too for a short nap. I stopped Nate's antihistamine a week ago to see the effects well... a week later its really clogged. Last night he kept waking up and moaning cos he could not breathe. Antihistamines vs. taking out those andenoids... hmmm. Lets see what steamy singapore brings.

Here's a jewish bullet.... and loren in israel eating the worlds best hummus and with Amir. Tomorrow he heads to south of israel to see more family.

No comments: