Thursday, August 23, 2007

Egg shaped bumps and splinters


Nate came home with a big egg bump on his head, apparently he fell off his bike in school, I have a shot of it but have not figured out how to transfer pics fm my new phone. The bump is big and purple and it hurts even to take off his shirt.

Yesterday he woke up he had a small splinter in his thumb. I spent 20 mins trying to pry it out. My eyesight isn't as good as it used to be, in the end I decided to just stick the needle in and push the splinter hard and tweezed it out. He said it was painful but no tears, maybe the distraction of the buttons and the sewing box was good.

Before picking nate up from school I had some time with Ike so i took him to a toy store and he quite enjoyed it. I was trying to find an activity table for him but they didn't have one. Instead I found a simple story for cars and Nate is now an avid reader, going thru every page slowly. I also found guido and luigi that loren can give him when he is back from mozambique tomorrow.

Speaking of mozambique, on nov 1-4 there is a yoga retreat that also includes swimming with dolphins. The resort looks great and children are welcome too! I really hope we get to go, the yoga teacher would love to have kids on the trip and nate can even swim with the dolphins! Ike would go free, nate is half price and its only like US$500 per person, before airfare. Here's the link, anyone else want to join?

http://www.yogawarrior.co.za/Retreats/DolphinsinSouthernMozambiqueNov07/tabid/2176/Default.aspx

No comments: