Thursday, August 02, 2007

What a day.





Yesterday I get a call from Thembi's niece asking me to inform her that her mom has passed away. I wait till Thembi wakes up and break the news to her. I don't think I have seen someone wail so hard. She has gone home for a few days.

I also get a call from nate's teacher at 10 am saying he hurt his left arm and its limpish and he seems like he is in alot of pain. His left wrist seems to have this reoccuring pain or is it that he knows we have brought him to the dr for an Xray twice that it is something he can act up? I ask her to watch him for another 30 mins and if it doesn't improve I will come get him. When I pick him up from school he is fine. He doesn't even tell me about his hurting wrist when we "talk about school". In the evening, just after his bath he uses the left arm for support and seems to hurt it again.

Poor boy definitely seemed in pain and only wanted to go to sleep as when he wakes up it is "better". There was no swelling, just alot of tears. At 10 pm I hear a scream and he woke up from his wrist hurting. I call the hospital and they say to give him some asprin and see if it turns worse to bring him in. So he got to sleep in my bed (Loren is in Kenya). Several times he woke up needing help to turn over to get comfy or was dreaming out aloud about his cars (lightning is going to win), his friends (thomas leave me alone), the dogs (bullet don't sit on my mat). Meanwhile I see the time go from 11pm to 3am. He wakes up at 530am from pain again and so we head out to the emergency room (nate wrapped in blanket as it was painful for him to get into clothes)

We get xrays done, no broken bones. The dr thinks he may be a leftie as he uses that as his dominant hand when blocking a fall. She says he will outgrow this as his muscles grow stronger and prescribes no medicines and oks him to school. He is very grumpy at nap time.

Nomsa heads out to run some errands so she can work this weekend (it is actually her weekend off) and ike decides to not take a nap. By the time nate goes to horse riding, ike finally takes a small nap. In the meantime we have no water. impromtu-ly we decide to try out the new chinese restaurant and they were only serving hot pot that night. Ike had a blast tapping chopsticks, making a mess, grabbing food. We come home there is still no water so a wipe down for nate but ike is still small enough to fit in the sink and we have to recycle our humidifier water his bath, thats not a bad 5 litres of water. Luckily Nomsa makes it back to help clean up a very messy nate.

Pic of Ike with his chinese parsley face mask before the face hot pot steam.

No comments: