Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Plasters




Plasters seem to cure pain, as soon as one is put on, the crying stops. What I didn't describe yesterday was that the plaster was stuck to nate's thigh and the other end to his left ball. Today in the shower, the water did not reduce the potency of the stickiness so when I tore the the part off the thigh, it was quite painful that he decided to slowly remove the other part himself.

After we dry up, I see that the patch on his thigh has a few raised water blisters, like ike's mite spots. Oh oh! I did apply lotion before the plaster or did I? anyway, he got lotioned again on that spot. Still crying, he says his pee pee still hurts and wants another plaster (IQ wise not a child genius), I try to convince him that the potency of the plaster is the same if I put it on his diaper (didn't buy it), so I try to make the plaster less sticky by pasting it over my skin several times (hope it works) and manage to convince him to put it on a less sensitive part (pubis mound, is that what its called?). Lets see what tomorrow brings.

Its really pleasant dropping him off at school, he waves and says goodbye mommy!

Ike is better, he is down to one nap a day, rash has subsided. Here he is trying to blow a dandelion (pom pom flower) and usually ends up eating it instead. We went to a different park (checking out different neighbourhoods and parks) and there were these blonde, 1 year old twins that were running and climbing up the slide! Ike is bigger than them and I think babies lose their cheeks when they start walking? or will Ike have perpetual big cheeks?

No comments: