Sunday, November 25, 2007

Replanted the fountain







Last year when we got here, I converted the fountain (read mosquito breeding ground) into my herb garden, after the winter, I planted a variety of herbs but it just didn't take. As of yesterday, only my lemon grass in the corner and the ginger I put in were doing well. So I decided to pull out the remaining basil and after looking at other people's gardens, decided to create a summer type garden for bubbi's viewing pleasure when she gets here (takes a guest to kick start my home improvements).

So after Ike woke up today, I took him to the nursery and picked out yellow, red and orange flowers of differing heights, here he is trying to monopolise all three shovels! If I had started a bit earlier, ie 2 months ago, it would be alot more grown in. Some of the flowers are perennials others I would have to change in autumn which could be quite nice, I can now read up on those plants and get a head start, maybe even do a different color scheme every season!

Bubbi lands on Tuesday, i thought she is here tomorrow. Will post pictures of how we have decorated the room for her arrival once she is on a plane!

A shot of the gigantic pom pom flowers, ike now will blow at any type of flower you give him. The white butterflies were out in full force today, fluttering in a westerly direction, thousands of them.

The sand pit after a big rain has good consistency sand for castle making or in this case, I was trying to do the great wall of china. Ike and pistol share the stroller seat. Ike today was practising his new look, he put his lower jaw in front and pulled his upper jaw back, he really actually looked like my Uncle Roland!

No comments: