Monday, June 02, 2008

Ike and school


Today Ike surprised us by mounting one of the zoom zoom bikes and actually moving, well slowly with one foot in front of the other, not with two feet pushing like kids who have had some time on these bikes. I saw him eyeing the bikes today at school in the morning and by the afternoon he was on a bike! he must have been watching the kids for the past month?

Today we also tried having Ike eat lunch at school and nap there, he did perfectly, finished his meal and went to sleep at 1230. I picked him and Kai2 up at 2pm. I felt like I had a whole day! This could be great... I will have alot more time now!

My "Siblings without rivalry" course ends tomorrow. One skill I learnt there is to take notes when kids have a long list of demand so they don't nag you over and over again, well this is Nate's "want" list...

~ New superman DVD (he watched the non-animated version with Loren on the weekend and was disappointed to find out it is a rental DVD).
~ Many Superhero movies
~ Many Superhero toys
~ Rudy Jones the pink guy (who?? he is a villain in the superman cartoon series and nate's favourite baddie)
~ Superhero stickers (he now has a sticker book that he stares at for a long time)

Then he said, thats enough things for now...

I hope to finish off my presentation in stockholm before porpor leaves and then also plan for the Beijing trip as I am hoping to meet with 3 old timer cartoonists from my granddad's generation and a cartoon expert. I also hope to take porpor to bikram yoga for the experience before she leaves.

Today we went to get dada's father's day present and was successful! On thursday I am hoping to be able to pick up some quality Tanzanites (its a nice blue stone), though am not sure what pieces I would make them into yet.

No comments: