Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Perfect afternoon part I





Today we got lucky and was invited by Christine to Eagle Canyon for a fishing and picnic afternoon. Every september, they close the golf course for maintainence and so she and her family usually enjoy a fishing day at the dam. her husband Liu loves to fish. We got greeted by the golf club manager, the boys had ice cream and then we headed out in 3 golf carts, racing thru the golf course, it is quite a hilly one so we were going up and down, lots of giggles from the boys. I had to drive with my left hand and use my right to hold on to Ike. That was already immensely fun!

It was windy enough to put up a few kites... I think I will start collecting kites again to fly with the boys as they are now probably old enough to do so. I gave my last bundle of great kites to a kite flying friend in Singapore before we left 5 years ago. I should build the collection up again, it is a really fun activity on a golf course with no golfers.

Here is Uncle Ray, stringing up his fishing pole.

No comments: